Saturday, October 17, 2020

Bhindi Kadhi Recipes


Bhindi ! Although it's categorized as a seasonal vegetable, it's available throughout the year these days.
This season my kitchen garden is full of okra plants, that means, I get to enjoy bhindi almost every week.

And I was tired of eating the same bhindi fry again and again, so though of trying some new bhindi recipes too. 
Some of my friends requested me to share Bhindi Kadhi Recipe. So here it is.


Serving size: 4

You will need these ingredients


I N G R E D I E N T S 


Gram Flour 4 Tbsp 
Curd 1 Cup 
Salt to taste 
Turmeric Powder ½ Tsp 
Red Chili Powder ¼ Tsp 
Kashmiri Red Chili ¼ Tsp 
Coriander Powder 1 Tbsp 
Water 3 Cup 
Bhindi/Okra 1½ Cup 
Cumin Seeds ½ Tsp 
Dried Red Chili 1 
Oil For frying 
Ghee/ Clarified Butter 1½ Tbsp 



P R E P A R A T I O N

 


  1. Combine curd, gram flour, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt in a large bowl. 
  2. Add 3 cups of water and whisk it all together, until it forms a smooth paste No lumps should be there. Heat a pan and transfer the mix to it and mix and cook on medium heat and bring the Kadhi mixture to a boil. 
  3. While the Kadhi is boiling, keep whisking it continuously, so it becomes smooth. Continue to whisk it until you notice it has begun to thicken and the Kadhi is smooth. 
  4. Turn the heat to low at this stage and allow the Kadhi to simmer while we get the remaining ingredients ready. 
  5. Now, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add in the chopped bhindi (okra - ½ inches), sprinkle some salt and stir fry on medium heat until the bhindi is cooked through and has a slightly crispy texture.
  6. You might want to add a little more oil if required to get the right texture of the bhindi. Once ready, keep it aside. 
  7. Add the roasted Bhindi into the Kadhi and give it stir. Boil for about 5 to 7 minutes. 
  8. Heat ghee in a saucepan over medium heat and add in the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, and dry red chilies and allow them to crackle. Stir until the red chilies are roasted well. Turn off the heat. 
  9. And pour over the seasoning to the boiling Kadhi mixture. 
  10. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let it sit for another 5 min. Enjoy bhindi kadhi with white steamed rice and do let me know how you liked the recipe. 


Tips

  • Fry bhindi thoroughly to get rid of the stickiness.
  • Continuously stir the kadhi mix to avoid lumps.


Do try this recipe and let me know in the comments how you liked it. Also let me know if you like me to share some specific recipes, I will love to make another video. Please subscribe to my channel to be the first one to get any new recipes that I upload.








More Recipes:

Artichoke JalapeƱos Cream Cheese Dip Braided Pizza Recipe




French Bread Pizza Recipe



Restaurant Style Kadhai/Kadai Paneer Recipe



Street Style Chaat Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment